DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Add up every dime you have spent going to Disney world over the years and if the

only reason you own a camper is to go to the Fort throw that in there to. Then see how you feel about the mouse. The funny thing is even after you see the total you will still plan another trip. I know we do.

:rofl: Great one Beckers. You got 3 up arrows in 8 minutes.

That was a good one!

The pictures of Anna and Cindy are cute, but the ones of her and Rapunzel are AMAZING! The arms folded one? I just want to squeeze her. So cute! 

You're going to top that in the next update? 

I think I am.  

Or, it might be in two updates.  I have to see how the pictures fall.  

Great update with great pictures. Too stinkin cute!

I'm glad I stayed up late tonight to catch this update.

The bomb dot too cute.

And I didn't think it could get better.

Thanks Ray!  

More to come.  But not tonight.  

Add up every dime you have spent going to Disney world over the years and if the

only reason you own a camper is to go to the Fort throw that in there to. Then see how you feel about the mouse. The funny thing is even after you see the total you will still plan another trip. I know we do.

Yeah, I was actually joking about the money based on Beckers comment.  The actual issues I have are customer service driven.  But even then I'm torn....we received some outstanding customer service on this trip, but we also received some AWFUL customer service.  I went into detail at the time on facebook and am not sure I'll rehash it in this report.....maybe it's water under the bridge.  Posting all of the good stuff makes me feel better.  

There are times on every trip when I ask myself why am I here. But We still have fun and keep going back. There are lots of things that if you let it can frustrate you about Disney but it's still a great place for a family to have fun together. Glad you are finding happy memories.

Great updates Dave - and the Anna/Rapunzel photos are awesome.  Looks like Rapunzel was just as smitten as the rest of us are with little Anna.  And she got a coveted Anna hug - perfect ending.

Our last trip was also one of those with great and not so great moments.  It had been 3 years, but not all of our family could go and it put a damper on things in some ways.  They grow up so quick.

Yeah, I was actually joking about the money based on Beckers comment.  The actual issues I have are customer service driven.  But even then I'm torn....we received some outstanding customer service on this trip, but we also received some AWFUL customer service.  I went into detail at the time on facebook and am not sure I'll rehash it in this report.....maybe it's water under the bridge.  Posting all of the good stuff makes me feel better.  

We're human, so it's easy to dwell on the bad stuff... but the reality is, your children will have some really great memories from the trip; as will you.  Even more so, 5 minutes of watching Fox news and you'll be reminded just. how. blessed... we truly, truly are.

Said it before, your family is beautiful.  LOVE all the pictures.  We don't usually stop for a lot of pictures, but I do wish that we had paid for this feature last trip when my family was there (in which case, we would have stopped for more pictures).  Expensive, but might be worth it every once in a while.  

I went into detail at the time on facebook and am not sure I'll rehash it in this report.....maybe it's water under the bridge.  Posting all of the good stuff makes me feel better.  

I sure wish you would rehash it.  I'd like to know what was so bad.  I can see your FB posts prior to November 28, but then nothing again until January 16 through February 1.  Now nothing again.

I'm glad to hear that your anger at the Mouse is diminishing.  This is another reason why more people should write trip reports.  I think they help to put things in perspective.  Stuff happens. Even at Disney World.  But, look how much fun your family had together.  There aren't a lot of places where everyone can go and have fun together like that.   The only other place like that for my family is the beach, but I know you hate the beach.

For the sake of completeness, I wish you would share the story of whatever it was that set you off in this TR.  There are a few of us holdouts here that avoid FB.  Based on comments that have been made, I think I know what it was that got you ticked, but I'm not sure.

TCD

I have said before that looking of pictures of Anna make me cry.  The joy on her face - when I think of how her life might have been - it just makes me get weepy.  But those pictures with Rapunzel actually made me sob.

Maybe I need my meds adjusted.

Maybe i just need meds.

Or more alcohol and chocolate.  That must be it.

We don't usually stop for a lot of pictures, but I do wish that we had paid for this feature last trip when my family was there (in which case, we would have stopped for more pictures).  Expensive, but might be worth it every once in a while.  

It's not expensive if we adopt you into our family and we all split the cost.

There are times on every trip when I ask myself why am I here. But We still have fun and keep going back. There are lots of things that if you let it can frustrate you about Disney but it's still a great place for a family to have fun together. Glad you are finding happy memories.

Regardless, for a variety of reasons I don't think we will be returning to Disney in the near future.  But we do have other places we want to go as a family.  And of course, that clock is ticking for us too.  Won't be long and my kids will start leaving the nest.  Oy.  

Great updates Dave - and the Anna/Rapunzel photos are awesome.  Looks like Rapunzel was just as smitten as the rest of us are with little Anna.  And she got a coveted Anna hug - perfect ending.

Our last trip was also one of those with great and not so great moments.  It had been 3 years, but not all of our family could go and it put a damper on things in some ways.  They grow up so quick.

They sure do grow up quickly, Dan.  

We're human, so it's easy to dwell on the bad stuff... but the reality is, your children will have some really great memories from the trip; as will you.  Even more so, 5 minutes of watching Fox news and you'll be reminded just. how. blessed... we truly, truly are.

Said it before, your family is beautiful.  LOVE all the pictures.  We don't usually stop for a lot of pictures, but I do wish that we had paid for this feature last trip when my family was there (in which case, we would have stopped for more pictures).  Expensive, but might be worth it every once in a while.  

We have good memories.  Unfortunately my older girls have a bad taste in their mouths over some things toward the end of the trip.  Thanks for the comments on all the pics!  

I sure wish you would rehash it.  I'd like to know what was so bad.  I can see your FB posts prior to November 28, but then nothing again until January 16 through February 1.  Now nothing again.

I don't post a whole lot on FB.  But I'm not sure why you didn't see the posts I referred to.  FB is weird though.  

I'm glad to hear that your anger at the Mouse is diminishing.  This is another reason why more people should write trip reports.  I think they help to put things in perspective.  Stuff happens. Even at Disney World.  But, look how much fun your family had together.  There aren't a lot of places where everyone can go and have fun together like that.   The only other place like that for my family is the beach, but I know you hate the beach.

For the sake of completeness, I wish you would share the story of whatever it was that set you off in this TR.  There are a few of us holdouts here that avoid FB.  Based on comments that have been made, I think I know what it was that got you ticked, but I'm not sure.

TCD

My anger isn't diminishing....but I do realize there are many good things about Disney.  However, there are MANY places my family enjoys....and we hope to explore some more in the next year or two.  Not including the beach.  And not including Disney. 

I definitely think we will have more Disney trips in our future....at some point.  Simply for the sake of Anna;  she loves it there and they treat her so well.  

I have said before that looking of pictures of Anna make me cry.  The joy on her face - when I think of how her life might have been - it just makes me get weepy.  But those pictures with Rapunzel actually made me sob.

Maybe I need my meds adjusted.

Maybe i just need meds.

Or more alcohol and chocolate.  That must be it.

Alcohol and chocolate.  That is definitely the prescription.  

your up to 6 up arrows for that one comment. 

It was a classic!

It's not expensive if we adopt you into our family and we all split the cost.

We have room for another sister.  

Posting all of the good stuff makes me feel better.  

That makes me happy.

Well said.  :)

Before we return to the Magic Kingdom on the evening of 12/23, I need to backtrack a bit as my Memory Maker pictures are a bit out of order and I failed to post some 7DMT ride photos.  

Plus, looking at those pictures reminds me of something.  

We actually rode twice in a row.  

As we were exiting the ride after using our FP+'s, the CM at the exit said that it looked like Anna was having a blast, and wanted to know if we would like to ride again.  

Of course we would!  

I was going to tell this story later in the report as I recalled that happening on our 2nd MK day.  Which it did.  I had forgotten that it happened twice.  Once each day.  

That is a bit of what I earlier referred to as the wonderful treatment that Anna receives in the parks.  Those experiences were some of the highlights of the trip.  Those are the things that evoke the Disney of old.  And that's where our memories and emotions become conflicted.  That's why I love Disney, at the same time that I hate Disney.  

I think many of you can understand that.  

In any case, here are some 7DMT ride photos for your viewing pleasure.  :)

MK_MINETRAIN_7133284625.jpeg

Once again, I'm stuck next to RW....Random Woman.  

MK_MINETRAIN_7133284629.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133284651.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133284647.jpeg

And here we are riding a 2nd consecutive time!  Plus this time we got to ride with the cast of the Big Bang Theory.

MK_MINETRAIN_7133422062.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133422083.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133423459.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7133423464.jpeg

Ok....now that those are out of the way, I'll work on an update for our evening at the MK.  

It was a late night!  Well, late for us anyways.  The latest we have ever stayed in a park!

Great pictures!

Question, did you almost get catapulted out of your seats when the train made it's initial stop along the platform, before it drops and goes around the corner to see your girlfriend?

My granddaughter and I rode it about 5 minutes after it had been downed for a problem.  Ride was great except for the ending.  I had indentations in my gut for a day after that stop.

Great pictures!

Question, did you almost get catapulted out of your seats when the train made it's initial stop along the platform, before it drops and goes around the corner to see your girlfriend?

My granddaughter and I rode it about 5 minutes after it had been downed for a problem.  Ride was great except for the ending.  I had indentations in my gut for a day after that stop.

Wow!  I don't recall that happening to us.....maybe there was a problem on your ride?

Agreed.

I just love all your faces in that photo - and that Anna's arms are stretched out about as far as they can go.  Truly a Wild Womenz in the making.  :)

Send me the WWW dates and I'll have her on a plane to MCO.   :D

Did Emma take her ears off or were they blown off? One photo she is holding them then they are gone.

She must have taken them off as she still has them.  (I assume you are referring to the pics above of Gwen....Emma skipped that ride I think).  

I can't even keep them all straight, so I'm impressed you even know their names at all.   :laugh:

A re-ride on 7DMT on a busy day?

That's MAJOR pixie dust right there!

So when's the next trip?

Big Bang Theory- LOL!

TCD

November 2021.  

She must have taken them off as she still has them.  (I assume you are referring to the pics above of Gwen....Emma skipped that ride I think).  

I can't even keep them all straight, so I'm impressed you even know their names at all.  

Not sure if I was right with the name just guessed, the one with the long curly hair was who I noticed holding onto her ears.