DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

You received a TCD up arrow for that comment- very clever.

Nice job.  Kids (and some adults I know) love to stand on that big rock.

TCD

Which is why management will likely be removing that rock any day now.

The blacksmith was there last Thursday.  We watched him for about 15 minutes while he was putting new shoes on a horse.

Good to know!  I must have just not timed it right on this last trip.  

Ditto!

I LOVED ditto machines in elementary school....sniffing that purple ink.  Ahhhh!  

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Last Day!!

We've reached January 2nd....our final park day, which I had planned at Magic Kingdom.  

Oh, but don't worry...I have enough pictures of this day to squeeze at least 5 updates out of it.  

As I've mentioned before, I followed Kelly's boyfriend's touring plans to plan our park days, based on his crowd calendars.  At least I did for the first 4 park days.  But for our final day, I wanted to hit the Magic Kingdom one more time.  Kelly's boyfriend did not recommend the MK on January 2nd, with the theory that many people are wrapping up a week's stay and will want to visit the MK on their last park day.  Like us.  So how did ignoring Kelly's boyfriend work out for us?  

How did it work out for Michael Douglas to ignore Glenn Close?

Yeah....so we'll get to that later.  

tumblr_mn9mdclARi1s5ruqso1_500.gif

We had plans to hit the park for rope drop again....so we were on the resort boat to the CR early on a foggy morning on Bay Lake.

20150102_071919.jpg

The lake has an eerie stillness to it this early in the fog.

20150102_072009.jpg

The Shoe Tree looks like something from a scary movie.

20150102_072020.jpg

20150102_072022.jpg

20150102_072028.jpg

These pictures don't look like Disney World to me.....they remind me of canoe trips we took in northern Canada when I was a kid.  You'd look at those pictures and have no idea that this was taken in the middle of the Vacation Kingdom of the World.

Rotting boat still in place.

20150102_072131.jpg

20150102_072135.jpg

Ok, this no longer looks like northern Canada.  

20150102_072335.jpg

20150102_072409.jpg

We docked at the Contemporary, and hoofed it to the Magic Kingdom.  

Space Mountain along path to MK through the fog....

20150102_073540.jpg

Remember that, on NYE at Animal Kingdom, there were only around 200 people in line for rope drop?  

It felt just a tad more crowded at the Magic Kingdom.

20150102_074548.jpg

Assorted yahoos came out to greet us.

20150102_075202.jpg

Ok, now here is a bit of a mystery to me.  

They bring out some big wig characters on the train to do the opening show.  

You know, big time characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto.....and Marie the freakin' cat??

20150102_075403.jpg

How the hell did she squeeze herself into that lineup?  

And next to Mary Poppins for crying out loud....the most amazing, most favorite nanny of all time.  

It's a crime, if you ask me.  

Oh, and to make it even worse, to the delight of every single person in the crowd (who happened to be female and under the age of 7), it's the Frozen Bimbos!  

20150102_075407.jpg

But by far, the worst sight of the whole morning was poor, poor Pluto, sandwiched between the Worst Disney Character of all time, who screeches and shrieks and spits at you.....and Stitch.  

20150102_075410.jpg

What did Pluto do to deserve that?  Poop on the carpet or something?  

I think Marie staged a palace coup, shoving poor Pluto aside and taking his spot next to Poppins.  

They finally finished their dumb song and let us through the train station and into.....the Shrouded Castle!

20150102_075954.jpg

Now, my memory has faded a bit as to what happened from here.  

I'm pretty sure we split up....as 3 of the girls wanted to go hit Space right away.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7144577872.jpeg

I have no idea what they are doing in that picture.  I have a feeling it didn't turn out like they expected.  But it's cute nonetheless.

The rest of us went back to the Mine Train but the line was already really long....if I remember right we got Anna's assistance pass signed with a return time and we rode some other things in Fantasyland to wait for the other kids to catch up with us.  We didn't use Anna's pass very often, but it did help to ride the Mine Train in this instance as there's no way she would tolerate a wait in line that long.  

We rode Dumbo....

20150102_081957.jpg

20150102_081958.jpg

20150102_082002.jpg

20150102_082030.jpg

20150102_082040.jpg

20150102_082042.jpg

20150102_082043.jpg

We rode the Speedway.

20150102_085357.jpg

20150102_085408.jpg

20150102_085410.jpg

I really need to get me a selfie stick.   :laugh:

20150102_085534.jpg

I'm about at the picture max, so will stop here.  

In the next update, we meet some characters, and we also meet up with some Fiends!  Which, if you think about it, are characters in their own right.  

The Dumbo pics are awesome!!

But by far, the worst sight of the whole morning was poor, poor Pluto, sandwiched between the Worst Disney Character of all time, who screeches and shrieks and spits at you.....and Stitch.

:lmao1:

Don't think we've ever seen MK that foggy.

I have once, but it was 2am and it was so foggy that none of the boats were running.

Wow, very froggy morning!!

Yes it was!  But it burned off before too long.

Don't think we've ever seen MK that foggy.

It was kind of cool to see.  

That is some witty writing there!

Good job.

TCD

Nice to know that someone is reading and not just scrolling through the pictures!  LOL.  

The Dumbo pics are awesome!!

:lmao1:

I have once, but it was 2am and it was so foggy that none of the boats were running.

thanks Mo!  

This picture just oooooozes joy and cuteness :)

I know....thanks!  

Great updates.

Rotting RC is sad, but still a must see on each trip.

On our last trip, you could not go past the old ticket window.....it was barricaded off while they reshingled the roof for MBYBBQ.

I always have to take a look at RC in person.  Even though I see many pics posted on here, it's good to see the devastation for myself.  Kind of like a President taking an aerial tour after a hurricane.  

Wow. I am caught up an on board for the last day. Fun so far, but troubles coming.

Glad to have you caught up, Bo!

I just got caught after being gone for a week.

You had a good excuse to fall behind....are you going to do a non-trip report?

Funny update but stop hating on Marie!!! A few years we had to run to France to meet her. Thank goodness she her work visa now and we can see her on good ol' Main Street USA. :rofl:

Funny!  But I won't stop hating on Marie.  Like all cats, she's evil.  

Oh man, My daughter loves Marie.  She has been a crazy cat girl since about 5.  It's kind of scary.  I have a feeling she is going to have like 10 cats when she's an adult.  It's scary!

On top of that my oldest's favorite is Stitch--which is why I have Lilo and Stitch as my pic over there on the side.  He has loved Stitch since 18 months.  lol  

Are we kicked off this non trip report for liking those two characters? ;)

20150102_075407.jpg

Hey you ever notice that Anna is one major coattail rider? She's like Brian Doyle Murray. Or Clint Howard. Or Charlie Murphy. Or Billy Carter.

No one wants to see you, Anna. No one wants your autograph. No one is dressing up as you for Halloween. So bad, so sad. Go join the other B characters like Geppetto, Pumbaa, Le Fou, and Doc the Dwarf and walk in the parade while your famous sister rides on her own float.

No one wants to see you, Anna. No one wants your autograph. No one is dressing up as you for Halloween. No one wants to hear you shrieking for 20 minutes before the castle lighting.

Fixed.

Hey you ever notice that Anna is one major coattail rider? She's like Brian Doyle Murray. Or Clint Howard. Or Charlie Murphy. Or Billy Carter.

And with that, you have won the internet today.

No one wants to see you, Anna. No one wants your autograph. No one is dressing up as you for Halloween. So bad, so sad. Go join the other B characters like Geppetto, Pumbaa, Le Fou, and Doc the Dwarf and walk in the parade while your famous sister rides on her own float.

Actually, she is by far the more interactive character to get an autograph from.  While my 8yo likes Elsa, the rest of us prefer Anna.

At first glance, I thought Izzy was INC in the Dumbo pictures. 

I had to go look. I thought it was INC too

Me three!  :)

There is a strong resemblance between the two isn't there? 

She gets that a LOT!  They look very much alike....only Izzy is taller. 

Oh man, My daughter loves Marie.  She has been a crazy cat girl since about 5.  It's kind of scary.  I have a feeling she is going to have like 10 cats when she's an adult.  It's scary!

On top of that my oldest's favorite is Stitch--which is why I have Lilo and Stitch as my pic over there on the side.  He has loved Stitch since 18 months.  lol  

Are we kicked off this non trip report for liking those two characters? ;)

Yep, you are officially banished from my trip report.  Only, this isn't a trip report.  So you are still welcome.  Weird character preferences and all.  

They can both take a hike as far as I'm concerned.  The sad thing is, I have nothing against them personally.  But they've been pushed and pushed by Disney like a pimp trying to milk every cent he can from his two newest girls.  

600full-billy-carter.jpg

I love that guy.  

Fixed.

And with that, you have won the internet today.

Yes, that was classic.  

And the Troll has made his mark on my non trip report.

Actually, she is by far the more interactive character to get an autograph from.  While my 8yo likes Elsa, the rest of us prefer Anna.

She was a MUCH better character experience than Elsa.  

Elsa is a cold biotch.  

The sad thing is, I have nothing against them personally.  But they've been pushed and pushed by Disney...

This exactly.

Oh but the shrieking before the castle lighting was probably THE single most annoying thing I've ever experienced at WDW.

And I've spent 24 consecutive hours there in the blistering heat... twice.