Hi Fiends. With this being our first post, we thought we would introduce ourselves before we started asking questions or being nosy (we are good at this) :). Any post could me (Julie) or my husband (Will). We have 2 daughters, Jorja-8 and Ashtyn-6. We also have a 3 year old son named Jack and a 5 year old yellow lab named Peter Pan, or Pete. We are annual passholders. I'm a high school teacher and my husband is a professor. We have a Minnie Winnie bunk house class c. Before the motorhome, we were cabin addicts. We enjoy the page. We first somehow stumbled upon a post about the "abomination" which was too entertaining to pass up. We will usually be seen chasing our wild son or you could even see my husband beating the stroller off the side of a bus...keeping it real magical :). Anyway, glad to participate...looking for ideas of the easiest way to tow a car or small truck with a golf cart so that we do not have to ride buses anywhere. We can tow a cavalier or ford ranger club cab if we swap our mini van or chevy Silverado with our parents...any ideas are appreciated!

WELCOME!!   We too have an 8 year old daughter and a 3 year old son.  Hopefully you guys can join us at the Fort for halloween this year.... there will be a LARGE group of Fiends!!

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14128-halloween-2015-gg/

Welcome again   :jumpforjoy

Welcome, jump in and join the madness, as far as the golf cart even if it fits in the bed of a Ford Ranger it might be to heavy you would be better off in e Silverado and golf cart. Best of luck on your choice.

Welcome!!

I'd be concerned the cart won't work in the Ranger, and if you put a cart in the bed of a Silverado you'll exceed the motorhome's 5k lb hitch rating.  My opinion is that you'll have a tough time pulling everything you want to pull with a gas motorhome....I've gone through these considerations in my own mind.  

The only thing I can think that MAY work would be to trailer the Cavalier and a cart.  Not sure how heavy a trailer would be that would fit both....but Cavaliers don't weigh too much so it might work.  But minivans and Silverados are too heavy IMO.  

Welcome!!

I'd be concerned the cart won't work in the Ranger, and if you put a cart in the bed of a Silverado you'll exceed the motorhome's 5k lb hitch rating.  My opinion is that you'll have a tough time pulling everything you want to pull with a gas motorhome....I've gone through these considerations in my own mind.  

The only thing I can think that MAY work would be to trailer the Cavalier and a cart.  Not sure how heavy a trailer would be that would fit both....but Cavaliers don't weigh too much so it might work.  But minivans and Silverados are too heavy IMO.  

Very good advice here. 

Welcome!!!! 

We have a member here who might still be selling a tow dolly that can tow a car and cart. Hopefully Grumpy will be by soon. 

This will probably be your best bet to tow both.  Not sure what grumpy is selling, but they look like THIS in general.

Depending on the year your Cavalier is probably 4 wheel down towable.  But, that doesn't get your golf cart there.  Even if you decide to skip the cart, setting up the Cavalier to tow 4 down is going to run several thousand dollars by the time you set up both the car and purchase a tow bar.

http://tandem-tow.com/index.html

Everyone says trailers are more hassle, but not having one I cant hazzard an opinion.

Welcome!!!

Welcome!!

We agree we are concerned about the weight. I have seen the tow things where you drive the cart up sideways then just drive up on two wheels. Have you seen these?

Thanks for all of the hospitality guys :)

Welcome!!!! 

We have a member here who might still be selling a tow dolly that can tow a car and cart. Hopefully Grumpy will be by soon.

Very good advice here. 

This will probably be your best bet to tow both.  but they look like THIS in general.

Still for sale I think. It's at dealer being sold on consingment, but if interested send me a PM. Yep that's it, TANDEM TOW.

I own a Mazda B3000 extended cab (Mazda's Ranger model) and you won't be able to get golf cart in it. The bed with the gate up is only 70" and the width between the wheel wells is a bit over 39". With the tailgate down the length increases to 91". The over all width of the bed is 50" but it won't be easy to work around the wheel wells plus the tailgate isn't designed for much weight and will likely result in damage to the hinges if attempted.

Hi Fiends. With this being our first post, we thought we would introduce ourselves before we started asking questions or being nosy (we are good at this) :). Any post could me (Julie) or my husband (Will). We have 2 daughters, Jorja-8 and Ashtyn-6. We also have a 3 year old son named Jack and a 5 year old yellow lab named Peter Pan, or Pete. We are annual passholders. I'm a high school teacher and my husband is a professor. We have a Minnie Winnie bunk house class c. Before the motorhome, we were cabin addicts. We enjoy the page. We first somehow stumbled upon a post about the "abomination" which was too entertaining to pass up. We will usually be seen chasing our wild son or you could even see my husband beating the stroller off the side of a bus...keeping it real magical :). Anyway, glad to participate...looking for ideas of the easiest way to tow a car or small truck with a golf cart so that we do not have to ride buses anywhere. We can tow a cavalier or ford ranger club cab if we swap our mini van or chevy Silverado with our parents...any ideas are appreciated!

Welcome! I see your not too far from us, is the name a Keisel reference?!?

Anyway, I'd have to say- for towing as far as we do from PA/WV area, after buying a tow dolly and all of that- It would be much cheaper to either rent a cart, or rent a car.  Florida rental cars are DIRT cheap.  

Hope you enjoy you're trip!

AP