Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

I also voted original flush, although that's not quite true. I was laying on my backside & dealing with crazies for almost 2 months & not online when everything was happening. Lorna & Jen & Carol & Kathy & Donnie & Debbie all were checking up on me via e-mail/facebook/phone & let me know where my new home was:) And that is truly being a fiend!! They worry about you and see if there is anything they can do for you when you're down & out physically & mentally. I :heart: you guys!

Ok, that was a lie.

The true story of how I found FF:

A flock of purple flamingos landed in the front yard, and then there were otters coming up from the ditch behind the house, all were wearing mickey coonskin caps and singing the Mouseketeer themesong before they broke out singing and dancing to It's a Small World. And they were wearing mickey ears and shirts with a drawing of a fiendmingo and it said FortFiends.net on it. They told me I should come visit them sometime. It was a short distance over the rainbow. Gnomes and unicorns would help me skip over there.

Thank you. I needed a laugh today. I truly did. :bighug:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

I escaped the "flush" also.. (I assumed my posts were so boring that Voldemort didn't consider me a risk! LOL), anyway, it quickly became evident over there that all the fun and informative threads were a thing of the past. It took me a little while but I eventually saw a thread posted on RVnet which mentioned the new site FF. I jumped over and signed right up. While I don't post very often I certainly visit this site daily to get my daily Fort fix.. Thanks Jen and Chris!

Mine was pretty simple. Got flushed and then searched out Facebook and fortunately had a fiend or two that led me to the Facebook page. Once FortFiends.net started up, I was here and haven't looked backed. It is a good thing because I never really used facebook very much.

There was a post on the "other" site (that was quickly deleted) asking where TCD was and when I chimed in to, a member there by the name of "MICKEYLOVINMOMOF5" sent me a PM letting me know about this place. Problem was, her message looked like this:

Originally Posted by MICKEYLOVINMOMOF5

You cant tell it on the forum or you get banned from here, bad blood i guess, but they are located at

www.***************

happy Camping!

They actually blocked text in a PM! She sent a second message and it was blocked too. Then for some reason, I did a Google search for "Fort Fiends" and found it and I'm glad I did!

There was a post on the "other" site (that was quickly deleted) asking where TCD was and when I chimed in to, a member there by the name of "MICKEYLOVINMOMOF5" sent me a PM letting me know about this place. Problem was, her message looked like this:

They actually blocked text in a PM! She sent a second message and it was blocked too. Then for some reason, I did a Google search for "Fort Fiends" and found it and I'm glad I did!

hey, that was me.. :rofl2: Glad you made it over!!

It's kinda cool being here for the birth of the "official" Fort Fiends. :D

Gross. If that was the birth, then we are now in the afterbirth. No wonder the weather has been so humid and slimy.

I January I was in Stall #2 at the comfort station reading the walls when a deep low voice broke the somewhat silence. The said "hey buddy, if ya know whats good for ya you'll join this forum" and a card was pushed through the stall door.

What can I say, I'm a fradie Cat.

Oh and Jen made me.

I January I was in Stall #2 at the comfort station reading the walls when a deep low voice broke the somewhat silence. The said "hey buddy, if ya know whats good for ya you'll join this forum" and a card was pushed through the stall door.

So did you catch that elusive brown trout?

I am an infrequent poster here and was the same on the other place but I usually checked in on a regular basis to see what was happening. During the "great flush", I wasn't checking in at all...I was at the Fort, without internet access. When I came home I noticed a void. You were all gone so I went hunting. It took me a while. I checked a lot on the other board at first, but any and all references to what happened was deleted and discouraged and more people seemed to disappear if they asked. I didn't want to "disappear" (didn't want to be wearing cement galoshes at the bottom of the Atlantic) so I searched on my own, without success. I had all but stopped looking at the other board altogether. What's remains on that board is pathetic and now much of the information being given is not entirely accurate.

One day, in April as I was preparing to travel to the Fort I was checking the Facebook group, "I love camping at FW (or something like that)to try to see if there was information there. Lo and behold, there was a little post about fortfiends.net on one of the threads. So I headed over and here I am. Even if I had missed you then, turns out that I would have eventually found you. During my summer trip a lovely calling card was left for me on my chair at my campsite.

When WMKathy felt she had to join in on that infamous thread, I immediately wrote a very strong email to Voldemort and quit on the spot.

I let Lorna know what I had done and that if she wanted to contact me, she could email or call me. Soon afterwards we talked and that's when she told me what Jen & Chris were up to. As soon as the site was up, I was there.

I was standing on a street corner in the cold rain, wondering what to do next after being flushed, when a mysterious person gave me a card and said I could join him in stall # 2. He even offered me a nice slow ride there.

Was the "mysterious person" driving a Golf Cart ... a rather slow Golf Cart? :rofl2:

@ Melissa love the story!!!

I was on the phone as it happened (with Jen) :banana:

From all these responses I see that the posting I have done on RV.Net and Facebook I love Ft. Wilderness pages have done some good. I know there are some other fiends posting those places as well keep up the good work and keep those cards going :heart:

I was standing on a street corner in the cold rain, wondering what to do next after being flushed, when a mysterious person gave me a card and said I could join him in stall # 2. He even offered me a nice slow ride there.

This made me tear up

flush would ya!