TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

It's about time for another TCD TR, right?

That's what I thought too.

So the TCD gang went to WDW this past weekend.

Twice.

But, we didn't spend a night there.

It just worked out that way.

Our report starts with Friday, February 15th.

The TCD twins and I attended an Open House that morning at the University of Central Florida Rosen College of Hospitality Management.

They were both accepted to UCF.

But they were also accepted at their "dream" schools, the University of Florida and Florida State University.

Go TCD twins!

This good news actually has made things very difficult for the TCD gang.

We have some tough decisions to make in the next couple of months.

This Rosen school keeps calling to the girls. It is an amazing program, and would no doubt be a blast for them to attend there. It has a lot of positives.

But, it is not what you would call a typical college experience which they would have at one of the other schools to which they have been accepted.

And getting in to the other schools is quite an accomplishment.

We have some more visits coming up soon, and then decision time.

It is a good thing that they have these kinds of choices to make. But, that doesn't make it easy.

Anyway, that is what brought us to the Orlando area on Friday.

Since we were in the area, we might as well stop by Disney World, right?

Right.

You might be thinking, well this is going to be boring.

Nothing new to see here.

Wrong.

Haven't you heard of LImited Time Magic?

It's this year's new promotion at the Disney Parks.

We got to see some.

And, so will you.

And, we met some Fiends. Some Wild ones, too.

I have a rare photo of one of them to share.

And, I came a step closer toward solving the TinkerBill question.

I discovered something new about that on this trip.

Oh, and the TCD twins got to watch the taping of a TV show that is going to air tomorrow morning. Look for them in the audience of tomorrow's Live with Kelly and Michael show. Spoiler Alert- it won't be live. They taped it yesterday at the MK. And we were there.

Oh, and you know that new Oz playground at Epcot?

We checked that out too. And got some free stuff.

But, we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Let's go back to Friday afternoon.

After the open house, we headed to Wilderness Lodge for an afternoon snack.

It was a beautiful day, so we took the boat from there to the MK:

Feb2013001_zps7917af4c.jpg

Here's a look across Bay Lake at Discovery Island and the Fort:

Feb2013002_zpsd8772f9d.jpg

Feb2013003_zps5e8c58e8.jpg

We made it in time for the 3:00 parade:

Feb2013005_zps3aee3af6.jpg

Stitch Butt:

Feb2013006_zps040789f6.jpg

Lots of dancing action:

Feb2013007_zpse5fcf303.jpg

Woody and Jessie:

Feb2013008_zpscf733e37.jpg

The twins were seated right in front of me, and Woody came over to say hi:

Feb2013009_zps9ef746a4.jpg

Mickey and Minnie:

Feb2013010_zps0668c375.jpg

Gepetto and Troll's Friend:

Feb2013011_zpsb07ffabe.jpg

Lately, I have been noticing some of the odd details on the parade floats.

Like check out how there's a keg and beer steins on Pinnochio's float:

Feb2013013_zps3655f804.jpg

And why is Snow White on the float with Pinnochio? :

Feb2013014_zps7dbaf6a9.jpg

Some bad guys:

Feb2013016_zps0a551869.jpg

Here's another odd detail. There is a crystal (or is it supposed to be ice?) sculpture of Simba on the float with the Mad Hatter and Peter Pan:

Feb2013018_zps861a79d7.jpg

And there are other ice sculptures on the back:

Feb2013019_zps4ae5d55c.jpg

Why?

I had turned to my left to take that last photo, so I wasn't looking at what was passing in front of where I was standing.

I heard the sound of a lady clearing her throat.

I turned an I saw that Lady Tremaine was standing right in front of me.

She gestured with her thumb behind her toward her daughters Drizella and Anastasia:

Feb2013020_zps1c653d88.jpg

I pointed to my wedding ring and told her I was taken.

She stormed off.

I feel her pain though.

I'm sure she would like to get those daughters of hers married off.

So that was the parade.

We next headed to the fire station to get our SOTMK cards.

Leaving the fire station we got a good look at all the stuff they had set up around the flag pole:

Feb2013023_zps043e317e.jpg

This was all done in preparation for the taping of the Kelly and Michael show that would take place at the MK beginning on Monday the 18th.

Speaking of the flag pole, do you see it? :

Feb2013024_zps72e676d3.jpg

Neither did I.

It was missing!

It turns out it wasn't really missing.

They just moved it.

I have a photo showing its temporary location in a shot I will post later in the report.

There was a big bump in the road:

Feb2013025_zps57ba4367.jpg

I guess that's for all the wires and stuff.

Disney thinks of everything.

Look at all the stuff they dragged in here:

Feb2013026_zps1b1a9bfc.jpg

Those hedges on wheels get a lot of use. Very clever.

It was kind of crowded in the MK.

The girls wanted to see the Limited Time Magic they had for this week. it was some special character appearances. We had grabbed a Fastpass to meet the princesses when we first got in the park. But, those were not good for about another hour.

So, we decided that it would make sense for us to get a Fastpass we could use later and do a few things now. Then we would leave the park for dinner at a favorite spot, and return later. That sounded like a plan.

So, we headed to Space Mountain for some Fastpasses.

On the bridge to Tomorrowland, I stopped to look at TinkerBill's wire.

There has been a lot of talk about him lately. I even received a tip from someone about how I could see where he lands. I tried to follow that tip, but it didn't work for me. From the ground, I couldn't see the spot where TB lands. So, I stopped a minute to study the wire, and see if I could figure out where TB lands after he flies.

I followed the wire, and noticed it stopped over on the roof above the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Follow the wire in this photo and you'll see it:

Feb2013027_zps61541d60.jpg

Let's take a closer look:

Feb2013028_zps3770fe31.jpg

One more really close look:

landing_zpsc789ba05.jpg

Hmmm, what is that up there on the roof? A shower rod and curtain?

I don't know, but I decided that I wanted to come back here and watch the fireworks from this very spot.

Maybe I would see something of interest?

But when would I have a chance to do that?

Wait, I thought.

I know!

What about tonight?

That worked.

So, that was added to the plans.

I needed to be on this bridge for the fireworks.

Off we went to Space Mountain.

I'll pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

Yay! A new trip report! Congratulations to the girls on getting in to their dream schools! We are just starting the process with DD17...trying to get her to pick a dream school!

Interested to see how this Tinkerbill thing works out. Or maybe I don't really want to know.

I figured you had one in the hopper ready to go!

One of my friends and her daughter were at the show taping yesterday, too.

By chance will this TR cover the group that was on 1500? When I drove by and saw that, I thought for sure you would be on that story!

Congrats to your daughters. UF and FSU. Wow. That is tremendous. They are not easy schools to get into!

In, first!

Nice Lady Tremaine block.

Good luck on the school decisions, I don't envy that task.

Nicely done.

You are first!

I am glad that the girls' hard work paid off and that we have choices to make. It is really hard, though, because there are some good programs that they must choose between.

In but can't see the pics

There was some kind of glitch. I think it's fixed now.

I am in! This report already has a cliffhanger...where does TB land? I he really a he?

Hang on for just a bit, and you can see for yourself.

In.

Congrats to the girls!

A rare wild womenz photo? Frightening.

Actually, I don't have any wild womenz photos. I have a rare Fiend photo, though.

Woohoo! Page one of a TCD trip report!! Totally in.

Congrats on the FPBR! (First Page Bragging Rights).

Not many spaces left!

I'm in.

Your girls have great schools to choose from!

Glad to have you join in the report, Gwen.

Yes, the girls do have some tough choices to make.

Can't wait for the rest!!

I'll get it done as fast as I can.

Who knows, there might be another trip coming right up?

Yay! A new trip report! Congratulations to the girls on getting in to their dream schools! We are just starting the process with DD17...trying to get her to pick a dream school!

Interested to see how this Tinkerbill thing works out. Or maybe I don't really want to know.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

It's great that my girls got accepted to the schools that they have always said they wanted to attend. UCF was kind of a back-up plan, but the program they offer at the Rosen school has them really tempted.

I haven't been on FF.net in a while and look what's greeting me when I return! A TCD trip report! My lucky day!!

Hey Misty-

Great to see a post from you.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

I rhought he was running from the www.

Yeah, I pretty much stayed away.

But, like always, there were a couple quick Fort visits. And them wild womenz were everywhere!

TCD

Got snacks? :pc: :pc: :pc:

Looks like you have enough there for all of us!

Nice job...you've placed the Lou bait right at the beginning of this report. Now we just have to wait for him to take it.

Oh, and I know why Snow White shares a float with Pinnochio. But I can't tell you here....this is a family friendly board after all.

Ah, you saw the Lou bait. I do try to drag him in to the discussion. But, I think he's had enough of the TinkerBill talk.

Thanks for keeping your Snow White/Pinnochio theory to yourself. I am family friendly too.

Congrats to the girls! Sorry I missed you on this trip, but my wife and I did manage to stop by to see Lorna, Mo and the womenz briefly on Thursday night. I may try to put together a trip report this week when I get all our photos organized and the laundry done, lol.

First page!

Congrats on the first page!

Now, see what you can do about just a little teeny trip report! I'm sure a lot of people would love to read about your time at the Fort.

I figured you had one in the hopper ready to go!

One of my friends and her daughter were at the show taping yesterday, too.

By chance will this TR cover the group that was on 1500? When I drove by and saw that, I thought for sure you would be on that story!

Congrats to your daughters. UF and FSU. Wow. That is tremendous. They are not easy schools to get into!

I was only at the Fort briefly on each day we visited. So, I don't know about the group in 1500. Seems like there was a group in 1500 one previous President's Day when I visited. If there's something to tell about them, you will need to do it.

Yes, FSU and UF are hard to get in these days. They worked hard for it, but I wasn't sure they would get in. I am actually surprised. I never thought that there was a real chance that one twin would go to each, but that's the direction they are leaning.

I'm in!

Hey Jason!

Glad to see you reading along!

I'm in and maybe on this first page?

Yes, you made it.

Only one space left!

TCD

Yay! Another TCD report. I need to start mine soon, but life keeps getting in the way.

Congrats to the twins on getting into their dream schools! :thewave1:

(First page maybe?) :rofl2:

Hey, just start that report!

Post a couple of photos, add a little commentary, and then it will take off!

Go on, try it!

You got bottom of page one bragging rights.

Way to go!

I made it!!

We are also at the beginning stages of looking at colleges. Nebraska is DS first choice. He wants to try and be a walk on player for the football team. I am trying to encourage him to apply to other schools too.

Top of page two bragging rights to you!

There was a young man from my girls' high school who decided that he would be a walk on at Florida. And darned if the kid didn't do it! We even got to see him play a little toward the end of a game last year. So, best of luck to your son!

TCD

How wonderful for the girls! Whatever they chose will be exciting but I know you will miss them! Hopefully you can continue your trips and continue writing for us.

I'm looking forward to a new report--We haven't been to WDW since President's Day weekend last year. We have since had a baby and sold the pop-up we only used 3 times. We will be going back on the Dream in May and visiting in Oct/Nov for the races. No idea when we'll get back to the Fort though :(

And what is going on with those parade floats??

Now that I have a minute.... Yes, your girls have some hard choices to make, but you are right that those are good choices to have- well, except considering UF. That's a bad. In all seriousness though I know it's a good school- both UF and FSU are. (The HOPE scholarship and FL prepaid have really made the flagship universities of both states top notch- lucky us!) That program at UCF looks seriously AWESOME though, and not just the Disney part. I think it comes down to what the girls want to do and where they can see themselves being happy. My dad raised me a GT fan (I don't tell that to many people, but I guess I'll be outed because TCD TR are famous), and I got accepted, but I didn't want to be an engineer. And the GT vibe wasn't me. The rest is history. My prediction.... either both twins choose UCF or neither.

Can't wait to hear more about Tink!

I've got time for one more update today, just to give this report a proper start.

So, we're in the MK, heading toward SM for Fastpasses.

We got there and did that. It was maybe 4-ish, and the return time was 8-ish. Man, it was busy.

From here, we decided to walk the path along the railroad tracks to Storybook Circus. Not many people take that path, which is why we like it.

A very full train was just leaving the Storybook Circus station:

Feb2013029_zps65850112.jpg

Feb2013030_zps639bd72f.jpg

I suggested to the girls that we hop the next train, which would take us back to the theater where we could meet the princesses.

They thought that sounded good.

As we walked along, I snapped a photo of the new service dog rest area they built behind the Goofy rollercoaster:

Feb2013031_zps07c1d75e.jpg

As best I can remember, I haven't seen anything like this in any of the parks before. I also don't recall seeing any at the other parks. I wonder if there are other areas like this around WDW?

When we got to the train station we saw that there was a huge crowd who had not made it on to the last train. That meant we probably wouldn't make it on the next train.

We decided not to wait, and headed on. The next thing we thought of was to watch some of the clowns who perform in Storybook Circus.

But, there were none to be seen.

So, we headed out.

The plan was to head to the Princess meet and greet.

As we left Storybook Circus, we noticed the gates to New Fantasyland were open, so we decided to walk through there.

They are still working like crazy on the Mine Train. I swear it looks bigger than the last time we were here:

Feb2013033_zps11543aba.jpg

The lines at Little Mermaid and Belle were each over an hour, so we kept right on walking.

As we exited new Fantasyland, we came upon Cinderella's coach:

Feb2013037_zpsea0b0896.jpg

It was on display as part of this week's Limited Time Magic surprise.

The girls needed to get a couple of photos with it. It isn't often out on display:

Feb2013038_zps2b6d1267.jpg

Feb2013039_zps5ef11e01.jpg

When we got to town square, we saw that the line to meet Mickey and Minnie was very short. We decided to meet them, as they no longer appear together for photos.

I don't think we've been in this new meet and greet location, which was decorated for Mickey meet and greets after they leveled Mickey and Minnie's houses for the New Fantasyland.

There is some cool artwork in the queue:

Feb2013040_zpsee6a6028.jpg

Quick, who can tell me the names of the three little pigs?

I didn't know them either, but these signs tell us their names:

Feb2013043_zps4ea910d8.jpg

Feb2013041_zpsb24dfb23.jpg

Feb2013042_zps797822bc.jpg

Now you know.

Twin #2 almost had Scrooge McDuck's safe opened, but then they called us in, so she ran out of time:

Feb2013044_zps186d65a5.jpg

There is a lot of detail in the decorations in the room where you meet Mickey.

These stickers, and others, were on a trunk in the room:

Feb2013045_zpsadb9107d.jpg

Feb2013046_zpsa1e5cca9.jpg

And then we met the mice:

MMLTM_zps30fb6ab5.jpg

Then we cashed in our Fastpasses, and headed in to meet the Princesses, who were joined this week by their Princes. That was neat, since the princes normally aren't around.

First up, Rapunzel and Flynn. As you may know, Rapunzel is a bit of an artist, so she posed everyone for the shot:

rapltm_zpsef23d27d.jpg

She did a good job:

rap2ltm_zps8642632b.jpg

Then it was Aurora and Philip:

aurora_zpsd3a5ce20.jpg

Nice hat.

Then Cinderella and Prince Charming:

cinderella_zps5ed3cc68.jpg

Check out that rug on the prince!

I'll tell you, when I need to get a toupee, I'm going to ask someone to look for one for me in the castmember store. Look at that thing!

All of this took a while.

Which meant it was time for us to get some dinner and then come back to ride Space Mountain and do whatever else we wanted to do.

So we headed out.

To the dock.

Can you guess where we are going?

Did you guess the Fort?

If so, you're right!

And do you know what we are going to eat?

Did you guess a Giddyap and Go chicken dinner?

If so, you're right again!

It's good to be TCD.

I can go to WDW for the day and eat a nice GAG at the Fort.

It was a beautiful afternoon:

Feb2013047_zpsb34c9bc9.jpg

Looking back at the dock:

Feb2013048_zpscfcda1ec.jpg

Feb2013049_zpsa033b726.jpg

Do you see all the seagulls sitting on the roof of the Fort's MK dock? (look for the green roof). I never noticed that many seagulls around here before.

As we headed past the Contemporary Resort, I noticed that there was some kind of metal cylinder up on the roof. You can see it in this photo on the left of the roof:

Feb2013050_zps99d821fe.jpg

You can see that cylinder again in this photo of the monorail approaching the main tower:

Feb2013051_zps2bc5a30f.jpg

And now we are in Bay Lake looking back:

Feb2013052_zps813ca1c2.jpg

It turns out that cylinder is some kind of construction elevator that they are using to get materials up to the upper floors of the tower for some work that they are currently doing.

We stayed in the Contemprary just last year, and our room was gorgeous. I'm not sure what they're doing - maybe we were lucky and got a reonovated room and there are more renovations going on.

Continuing on, there's Discovery Island:

Feb2013053_zps43c40372.jpg

And a closer look- you can see that the cypress trees have lost their leaves and the vegetation on the island looks kind of brown. It's winter in Florida:

Feb2013054_zps06be355b.jpg

From this angle of approach, it's hard to see the old shipwreck on the island, but it's still there:

Feb2013055_zpsfe9d9757.jpg

Feb2013056_zps14580d84.jpg

Feb2013057_zps6da9f345.jpg

That puts us at our photo limit, and we are still on our way to the Fort.

I'll pick it up from this spot in the next update.

TCD