An EGG-cellent Weekend at Stone Mountain

Many of you know Mr. GDF is obsessed with his Big Green Eggs. And yes, he’s spoiled and has two. His wife must be awesome. Don't know what a Big Green Egg is? You are deprived. Scroll down and see pictures of the best grill EVAH. 

Well, BGE is based in Atlanta and has a yearly festival called Eggtoberfest. Two years ago it was moved to Stone Mountain. We had never gone before. One major reason is that it’s during football season. This year it wasn’t on a UGA home game. When Mr. GDF found out, he said we must go. I agreed. Since it’s at Stone Mountain, we decided that we’d camp and make a weekend out of it.

As a result, you guys get this mini trip report. It contains pood forn, and I recruited a new Fiend. Are we still awarding points for that? Or gold stars? Maybe even prizes?

We arrived at Stone Mountain Friday afternoon. We were in one of the sites near the playground. Here it is.

IMG_9471.jpg

The sites are kind of small, but nice. We had a deck and a gas grill.

IMG_9461.jpg

But who uses a gas grill on a BGE weekend? Not us!

We could see a little of the lake behind us.

IMG_9462.jpg

It was a good thing our neighbors were cool because this is our fire pit right next to their trailer. Like I said, the sites aren’t huge.  

IMG_9463.jpg

Look how close the playground is. That was nice.

IMG_9468.jpg

Z painted pumpkins while we set up.

IMG_9465.jpg

Of course we brought the Egg.

IMG_9466.jpg

Up next, I recruit a new Fiend, and we get cooking. Who’s in?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, let’s keep this short report rolling. We were enjoying the beautiful day…     And we started talking to our neighbor, Chris. Chris and his family were here for Eggtoberfest too. It was their firs

So now that I have finally joined the Fiends and since everyone is watching (no pressure) I will make my first post. It sort of feels like taking the protective covering off your new smart phone!   In

So let me get this straight.  You let some crazy lady you just met....at a campground of all places.....talk you into joining some internet group of people obsessed with a mouse?  You took advice from

In in.

Pood forn!
Pood forn!
Pood forn!

I don't have as much as I wanted, but I do have quite a bit. And some will be from Friday night. 

First in on a GDF TR

Should I hog all of page one?

No.

You're such a good boy. 

I think I am on page 1 finally.  I love days off.

Whooo Hooo! 

I'm in!

Yay! Thanks for joining! 

I'm in also page one!!!!!!!  :jumpforjoy

You are! Dave is missing. That helps everyone. 

Looking forward to reading more  :)

Thanks for reading! 

I'm in.

The place where I buy my pool supplies sells Big Green Eggs.

A couple of weeks ago, they were setting up for a cooking demonstration.  Those BGE's look cool.  But, I can't get past the price.

That's cool that they provide a deck and a gas grill at that campground.

TCD

Jason begged for one for years. I also couldn't get over the price. I was a real skeptic, but now I think they're worth it. And it's something you'll have forever. We cook on ours about 4 times a week. 

I'm in!

Welcome! And you're behaving. 

I'm in!

Thanks for joining! 

I'm in!

That's not what I expected the Stone Mtn sites to look like, I don't know what I expected though, so never mind, lol.

WBI

They don't all look like that. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the other sites. We plan on returning before the end of the year though, so I'll take more campground pictures then. 

Trip report - I'm in

Yippee! 

Drooling along.  And this is for New Fiend Recruitment...

goldstar.gif

I wonder if he's reading along... he's featured in my next update. 

In!

Thanks! 

I'm like TCD - great grill, but the price o/O

I understand. But it's one of those things that is sooooo worth it.