The Trolls Invade the Fort

You call this place a fort? What kind of fort allows trolls in? I mean, we just drove right in. No one said a word to us. They even said, "Hello!" and "Welcome!"

Yes, it's us. The Trolls. And it's time once again for a Troll Trip Report. Time once again for lots of cantankerous Troll Rants, lots of pictures of nothing, lots of babbling about how Disney World was better "back in the day," and lots of criticism of people and modern trends.

I know this board is popular and, as such, it picks up lots of new members every day. So for the benefit of those newer folks, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Norm. My wife is Leslie. We have two dogs -- Zoe and Elma. We're the Troll Family. Why am I called a troll? Well, because I am one. I like to criticize things. I like to speak my mind. I'm extremely opinionated. And I tend to say these things in public. So be forewarned! If opinionated rants and lots of free speech tends to offend you, STOP READING NOW. Please don't bother reporting me to the mods, as I don't think that does anything here.

To everyone else, welcome! Thanks for joining us.

So what's the occasion? Well, it's April. That's occasion enough. But actually, April 30th is the Troll's 11th anniversary, so we decided this year to celebrate at our favorite place, the Fort.

We're big Disney World fans, but this year, we resolved, "No theme parks!" It's a 100% Fort (and other resorts) trip. That means lots of looping, lots of hammock swinging, lots of rocking chair rocking, lots of porch sitting, lots of pina colada sipping, and lots of dog walking. Before we left, a guy I work with asked me, "So, Norm, you're going camping for your anniversary?" and I said yes. He then asked, "Well considering there are so many state parks in Florida, why drive so far just to camp?"

To this question, I offer up this:

DSCN8100_zps19231b27.jpg

If you are a true, blue Fort Fiend, you know what this is. If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you just don't know. And probably never will.

So...today is April 28. Our anniversary is April 30th. So, yes, I've begun this report at the Fort. We're staying a total of eight nights. It's going to be awesome.

So who's in?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I wouldn't say that... just that Santa wants all the boys and girls to be nice to each other, and whether he hands out presents or a lump of coal (or gentle correction) he does so to foster a more

You call this place a fort? What kind of fort allows trolls in? I mean, we just drove right in. No one said a word to us. They even said, "Hello!" and "Welcome!"   Yes, it's us. The Trolls. And it's t

OK, thanks to everyone who's chimed in so far. Let's get this trip report started!   First, some Troll Gloating. As you sit there in your office or at your kitchen table reading this, concerned about

I am always in for a Troll trip report. I admire anyone who exercises their right of free speech, especially if I agree with them.