Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

We'll see.  Come late November, early December, I might be agreeing with you.

Sorry.

Fail.

The lighting was bad?

Not really. I was hungry and wanted to eat, not take photos.

Good idea about the Christmas card.  So far two of the girls got photos at football games with the school mascot.  We might be using those photos in a collage, with a group shot of all of us at this year's UF/FSU game. 

Twin #1 designed our Christmas card last year herself using a desktop publishing program.  Hopefully, we can bribe her to do it this year too.

Wow, you nailed it.

I secretly hate rap music too.  Not dislike.  Hate. I don't understand it, and I think rap "artists" are a bunch of fools.

But, I keep up appearances.  Here's me rocking my T-Pain shirt in Tally back when the oldest TCD DD was a freshman:

FSUvUSF92609005.jpg

Word to your mother.

TCD

See.  I don't even know who that is.  And I'm not gonna google it.

I don't think I have a photo of me wearing it, but I rock the heck out of my Agent P t-shirt.  Comes in handy when I want to embarrass my kids.  Sometimes that's all you have left to threaten them with!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

See.  I don't even know who that is.  And I'm not gonna google it.

I don't think I have a photo of me wearing it, but I rock the heck out of my Agent P t-shirt.  Comes in handy when I want to embarrass my kids.  Sometimes that's all you have left to threaten them with!

T-Pain is a rapper from Tallahassee.  Do you listen to country music?  He gets mentioned in Luke Bryan's current hit- My Kind of Night. That is the total extent of my knowledge of him.

I also have an Agent P shirt. But I haven't seen it lately.  Mysteriously, my embarrassing t-shirts sometimes go missing.

TCD

This TR is going to move on.  I have to push to get these done, since I don't take notes, I have to rely on my memory, and if I don't git er done close to the end of the trip, there are blank spots.

So, now we are on Sunday morning.  September 29th.

September 29th is a big day for the TCD gang every year.

It's someone's birthday.

Mine.

Happy Birthday to me.

I got to spend it at the Fort!

Awesome!

I wanted to make the most of it, so I only slept in a little, then hit the comfort station for the three s's (as my dad used to say), and by 7:30, here is where I was, leaving the 900 loop on my cart:

92913417_zps46570b4a.jpg

Ah.

The Meadow Trading Post at sunrise.

My absolute favorite time of the day!

There was a mystery on the 900 loop all weekend.

I noticed this stroller behind the 900 loop bus stop back on Friday:

92913418_zps08ff0417.jpg

And it was still there on Sunday morning.

Why would somebody leave a stroller there?

The only thing that made sense to me is that it was a rental stroller that someone forgot to pick up.  Or, it was stolen. Somebody grabbed it at a park, and used it, and then abandoned it.  But, why here?  In case you're wondering it was still there on Monday morning when I left.  That mystery never did get solved.

While we're in front of the bus stop, I figured one more Meadow Trading Post photo wouldn't hurt:

92913419_zpse2a1f807.jpg

In case there's anyone reading along who still thinks there may be some truth to the rumor that tents are not allowed on premium loops, here's two more on the 700 loop:

92913420_zpsa9d29520.jpg

I'm not sure why they set them up like that, but they did.  Good thing it wasn't windy.

Even though I had visited my favorite spot yesterday, I headed that way again.  I go there every chance I get.  So, here we are heading toward the 300 loop.  If you don't look too closely, you can't see the crane there in the center, just above the tree tops:

92913423_zpsaedf2194.jpg

The crane is kind of hard to miss here, though:

92913425_zps4c3fa780.jpg

While there were lots of open sites on the premium loops, even over the weekend, the preferred loops stayed pretty full, including the 300 loop- this stretch near the entrance always seems to be too cramped to me:

92913426_zps1b0d0fa9.jpg

Here's what we came to see- the canal.  You almost can't see the crane and towers on top of the abomination in this photo.  Almost:

92913429_zps520c608b.jpg

I know you already saw the new pump.  But, I broke that story, and I had never seen it before, so forgive me, but I took two more photos of it:

92913430_zps26fba503.jpg

92913431_zps37a2761a.jpg

Lovely.

Really adds to the Wilderness feel.

The reason I like to come back here early in the morning, is I love the feeling of having the whole place to myself.  This guy on the bike trying to catch a fish probably was here for the same reason:

92913432_zpsa11a23cb.jpg

I got here just a bit earlier this morning than I had yesterday, so the view is much better, in my opinion:

92913434_zpsb555f02c.jpg

Some artist ought to paint this scene.  Maybe throw in a trailer and a couple of Disney characters.  People would by a painting like that.

From here, it was down the pedestrian only path to the back of the Settlement Trading post.  And we are in luck, the door to the backstage area was open:

92913435_zpsf7928c36.jpg

I always look back there hoping that the restored and beautiful River Country wagon will be sitting there waiting to be put back in its rightful spot.  But, it's never there.  I'm not giving up hope, though.

I popped in Trail's End for a cup of coffee.  On my way in, I noticed a gathering of nerds.  I figured I ought to get a photo, so I wouldn't forget to mention them, so here they are:

92913436_zps0d9921a8.jpg

So, why are there a bunch of nerds assembled outside of Trail's End at 7:45 am?

I believe they were having an un-meeting.

That's something that the train nerds do ever year.

They come to the Fort and have an un-meeting, and try to walk the old FWRR tracks.  Then they go to the Wilderness Lodge and play with their toy trains.  I think that is what is going on here.  But it could be a Star Wars club or something.

I wonder how many of those nerds have a real FWRR spike?  Too bad they don't join the cool kids here at ff.net.

If you've ever read a TCD Fort Wilderness TR, you know that there are places that I have to visit on every trip.  Even if I don't want to.  And one of those places is the rotting remains of River Country.  I have to go, because there's always some yo-yo starting a rumor somewhere that there is construction equipment in there, and that things are happening.  So, I have to go and see for myself.

We are heading that way now.

First, I needed to stop and sip my coffee here at Clementine's Beach:

92913437_zpsa8d617c9.jpg

Look at that:

92913438_zps03895917.jpg

There is always a nice breeze here too.  And I think I felt that first hint of fall weather this morning.

Even though it looks light in these photos, the sun had not yet cleared the tree tops over by Pioneer Hall:

92913439_zps6c63121a.jpg

Time to get that River Country inspection done.

The ferns growing on the old ticket booth roof are doing quite well with all the rain we've had lately:

92913440_zps57d92fa8.jpg

Here we are in the old River Country entry area.  Since this is used for the Backyard BBQ, it has been kept up, and still looks like it did when River Country was open:

92913441_zpsf321c512.jpg

Aside from the fact that they cut part of the end building off, this building looks the same as it did when it served as the showers and bath house for River Country:

92913442_zps86383294.jpg

What no longer looks the same is the stuff that they have hidden behind the big green fence.  It's funny that if you see recent photos of River Country, they all show about the same perspective.  Everyone uses the same gaps in the fence to take their shots.

This is the old main pool,  It isn't looking too magical:

92913443_zpsef21cba0.jpg

It seems like everyone takes a photo of this shack:

92913444_zps203abf6b.jpg

I also checked on the blue tanks, and they're still there doing whatever it is that they do:

92913445_zps6a644f0b.jpg

You can see the remains of the old wooden wall that they first erected when River Country closed over ten years ago here on the ground:

92913446_zps14f0a5eb.jpg

I think that's enough of that.  Same as always.  No bulldozers today.

I headed over to the old River Country pavilion for a look around there.

My favorite Crepe Myrtle is still here:

92913447_zps55af58d0.jpg

For the past couple of years, they've had hay bales and scarecrows in this spot as photo props for Backyard BBQ guests.  There was no hay or scarecrows here today.  Maybe they'll come later.  Or not at all:

92913448_zpsd73ed6ff.jpg

I headed on out of River Country.  There is absolutely nothing new going on back there.

I love looking down this path when it's empty like this:

92913449_zps30c4b2a2.jpg

I like this sign too, but not in front of River Country:

92913450_zps0abb3b1e.jpg

It wasn't quite 8 am yet on a Sunday, but already castmembers were starting to go about their days.  Like this guy with the pressure washing contraption:

92913451_zps9ded45b7.jpg

I decided to go and take a look around the barn.  Here's the old River Country pavilion, and current home of the Backyard BBQ:

92913452_zps5d62ce01.jpg

We will take a look a the barn in the next update, as we are at the photo limit for this one.

TCD

That is weird about the stroller.  My stroller is like my third child.  I love it dearly.  I would NEVER leave it somewhere on purpose.  When we ate dinner at Downtown Disney it was moved and we couldn't find it anywhere and I was in a panic.  I mean in tears.  So I feel it was either stolen or there was a daddy with hatred for the stroller involved.  :)  (My husband HATES our stroller) 

Happy Belated Birthday.

I am familiar with the "three s's" phrase, heard it in my house growing up, too.  You shave on vacation?

Lovely sunrise photos as always.

Maybe those people abandoned their stroller because they couldn't figure out how to get it folded up to board the bus and an angry guest couldn't take one more inconsiderate parent with a stroller?  **cough cough** Troll **cough cough**

It wasn't quite 8 am yet on a Sunday, but already castmembers were starting to go about their days.  Like this guy with the pressure washing contraption:

92913451_zps9ded45b7.jpg

TCD

On our last trip to the fort I hurt my shoulder and just could not get comfortable to sleep. So I spent 2AM to 530AM  looping and checking out all the spots I could take the golf cart.  

About 215 that rig was working the front porch of Meadow TP, at 330am he was at the settlement trading post and by 5 was working the front of Pioneer Hall.

So that guy might be heading home for the day. 

Hey! Happy Birthday (late) I sure am enjoying the report, Thanks!  Sidenote: I am one of those train nerds, and if I remember correctly, you WENT to the last Un-Meeting <snicker> even if you just breezed in and out it counts. Also, I was juggling train spikes this morning over coffee.

:clint:

Awesome report. I'm really enjoying it all. Fun to see a report of the things I saw while on our trip there but from someone else's perspective.

Thanks for the kind words, Norm.

My only regret from this trip is that we didn't go on some kind of joint mission and then share our take on it in our respective trip reports.  That would have been fun.

Next time.

That is weird about the stroller.  My stroller is like my third child.  I love it dearly.  I would NEVER leave it somewhere on purpose.  When we ate dinner at Downtown Disney it was moved and we couldn't find it anywhere and I was in a panic.  I mean in tears.  So I feel it was either stolen or there was a daddy with hatred for the stroller involved.  :)  (My husband HATES our stroller) 

It still bugs me that I never found out what the deal was with that stroller.  When I first saw it, I figured that it belonged to guests who were in a hurry, and who didn't know how to fold it, so they just left it and planned to come back for it later.  But nobody ever came back for it.  That doesn't make sense.  It looked like a nice stroller and that it was in decent condition.

Happy Belated Birthday.

I am familiar with the "three s's" phrase, heard it in my house growing up, too.  You shave on vacation?

Lovely sunrise photos as always.

Maybe those people abandoned their stroller because they couldn't figure out how to get it folded up to board the bus and an angry guest couldn't take one more inconsiderate parent with a stroller?  **cough cough** Troll **cough cough**

Thanks.

What do you mean shave?  I thought the three s's were Singing Songs in the Shower.  Is there some other meaning?

The not knowing how to fold the stroller theory was mine initially.  But that didn't explain why nobody came back to get it over the next three days.

On our last trip to the fort I hurt my shoulder and just could not get comfortable to sleep. So I spent 2AM to 530AM  looping and checking out all the spots I could take the golf cart.  

About 215 that rig was working the front porch of Meadow TP, at 330am he was at the settlement trading post and by 5 was working the front of Pioneer Hall.

So that guy might be heading home for the day. 

Wow.  Sorry about your shoulder.  I hope it's better now.  It sucked that you couldn't sleep, but it would be cool to loop between 2 AM and 5:30 AM.  I'll bet you saw a lot of critters.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks.

Hey! Happy Birthday (late) I sure am enjoying the report, Thanks!  Sidenote: I am one of those train nerds, and if I remember correctly, you WENT to the last Un-Meeting <snicker> even if you just breezed in and out it counts. Also, I was juggling train spikes this morning over coffee.

:clint:

Busted.  True, I did pop in for the display at Wilderness Lodge last year.  And, I kind of liked it.  I guess that makes me a train nerd too.

You can juggle railroad spikes?  Cool!

We like Luke Bryan. My little girl can sing several of his songs. But untill I heard My kind of night I had never heard of T-Pain. So no rap for me ether however I did know the OG reference.

I only heard of T-Pain because my daughters egged me on to buy that shirt and dared me to wear it.  I'm not sure if I have ever heard one of his "songs" or whatever those things are called that rappers inflict on the world.  I was surprised to hear Luke Bryan mention him.  But, there is a trend in country music to collaborate with rappers.  Whatever it takes to sell a record, I guess.

I hope the next time I see you at the Fort, I get to hear your daughter sing a Luke Bryan song.  I'll bet that's cute.

Happy Belated Birthday TCD!!

Thanks!

TCD

Moving on . . .

It's still early Sunday morning.  Before 8 am early.  We left off with a look at the old River Country Pavilion.

Now we're looking at the horse barn. It looks like the new roof project is done on this side:

92913453_zps13e2b083.jpg

I call this photo "Ponies at Day Break at TCD Farm f/k/a the Fort Wilderness Petting Zoo sponsored by Purina":

92913454_zpsaeaacbab.jpg

The barn has been closed to guests since mid-August. I expected it to be open by now, but it's not.  If you look carefully, you can see the wheel of the red wagon that is on display in place of the calliope in the barn:

92913455_zps4d195b07.jpg

Even though guests are being kept out, the horses are still in the barn.  Here, the castmembers are serving breakfast from that truck you see parked in there:

92913456_zps366b205a.jpg

The roof on this side of the barn is not done. You can see that there is some copper sheeting on the ground:

92913457_zps012add8e.jpg

It was 7:55 am on a Sunday, but there were men up on the roof working:

92913458_zps47a43770.jpg

92913459_zps13783e3f.jpg

With that kind of work schedule, why has it taken so long to put the new roof on the barn?  I really don't get it.

Here comes the sun.  Here comes the sun.  And I say, it's alright:

92913460_zps768c53f2.jpg

If you are of a certain age, the introduction to that photo may cause a certain Beatles song to be stuck in your head today.  If so, my apologies.  But it could be worse.  At least it's not the song from that ride with the international dolls in the MK.  If you are not of a certain age, feel free to move on.  Nothing to see here.

Some day, I want to actually see them load this trailer for the trip to the MK,  I've seen them get the horses ready to go, but I've never seen the loading and leaving part of the process:

92913461_zps9ae8af06.jpg

Speaking of horses, at the risk of beating a dead one, here are some more tents on a premium site:

92913462_zps76f239b5.jpg

Those were on the 800 loop.

I was here because I wanted to get a few photos of the Mater cart in the daylight:

92913463_zps8ae5f8c7.jpg

92913464_zpsac642764.jpg

92913465_zpsb814e671.jpg

And, just for good measure, here's one more premium site occupied by tent campers:

92913466_zps0fd9e637.jpg

As you can see, even though these folks had a giant pad, they set everything up in the back of the site, off the pad.  These folks backed up to the same canal my site did on the 900 loop. They bugged me the night before, because they had a campfire going.  They had some kind of crappy wood that smoked like crazy, and the wind blew it right into my site all night.  I love the smell of a campfire, but not when there's some idiot burning his tree trimmings or whatever it was these idiots were throwing in their fire.  Luckily, they were packing up and they went home.

I got back to my site right at 8 am, and woke the twins.  We had  plan.  We were going to DHS for rope drop.  The oldest TCD DD wanted none of that.  She wanted to sleep.  And she did.

But, at 8:47 am, the TCD twins and I were here:

92913467_zps8d379c5f.jpg

As you may know, they don't do rope drop at DHS anymore.  I am not sure what standard operating procedure is now, but I thought it was that they would open the turnstiles at 8:45, and begin letting guests in.  As you can see, they didn't do that this morning.

But, at about 8:50, they did open the ticket scanners, or RFID readers, or whatever they're called, and guests began to trickle in to the park.

I was surprised to see the number of people lined up ahead of us.  We usually are much closer to the front when we arrive.

But, no big deal, we were here at 8:58.  Twin #1 grabbed us some Fastpasses, and then we joined the standby queue for Toy Story Midway Mania:

92913468_zps3466c084.jpg

At this time of morning, the standby queue usually moves right up to the ride vehicles with no stop.  But not today.  There was a big crowd in the queue.  Here's what it looked like at 9:02 am:

92913470_zps432d7a6b.jpg

That's a lot of people.  And, officially, the park had just opened 2 minutes ago.  I pity the guests who are just now arriving, thinking they would be let in at 9 am.  All of us are way ahead of them.  And once the line gets long, it won't get any shorter over the course of the day.

For some reason, the line did not move constantly, as it normally does at park opening.  It moved really slow, and at some points did not move at all.

By 9:15, we had just reached Mr. Potato Head:

92913471_zps6f701cb1.jpg

And we didn't load into our ride vehicle until 9:24:

92913472_zps90b0bb90.jpg

I took that photo to document why it had taken so long.  For whatever reason, they were not loading guests into the cars that arrived at that position.  There are four cars that load here, and they were not loading one of those.  That means 25% less people were loading for each ride cycle.  I don't know why they were doing this, as once we got in to the ride, there was no indication that any of the screens were not working.  I sure hope they weren't intentionally making the line build for some reason.

Anyway, that was not a good start to our day.  Usually, at rope drop, we will be in and out of there in 10 minutes, and have FP's in our hands to come back later.

Oh well, stuff happens.  We go with the flow.

At this time of morning, the next stop for us is always ether Rock N Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror.  The wait times are usually never bad for TOT this time of day, and sometimes the RNR wait times aren't bad either.

We checked RNR first. The posted wait time was 20 minutes, but we could see that there was nobody in line.  Nobody.  So we went.

At 9:41, we were here in the preshow room where Stephen Tyler makes that secret obscene gesture with his hand:

92913474_zpsc4d6ac9a.jpg

Whoot!

Don't miss what just happened.  In that last TSMM photo as we were loading in to our cars at 9:24, and here we are already in the RNR preshow room at 9:41. We had just totally recovered from the delay at TSMM.

Here we are at 9:49, waiting to board RNR.  And yes, we got the very first car.  Some people wait extra for that, but we just walked up and got it:

92913476_zpsa6ab87e1.jpg

92913477_zps25d12b01.jpg

Next, we headed to TOT.  That was pretty much a walk-on, and I took this photo of our ride at 10:16 (which obviously means we had already completed the ride at that point) :

92913480_zps33ad9f04.jpg

So, now we were doing great.  In just about an hour and fifteen minutes we had ridden the three rides that have the longest wait times.  And, we still had FP's to ride TSMM again at 10:30.  Well done, if I do say so myself.

After completing TOT, we stopped for one of those healthy double sausage breakfast sandwiches there at Fairfax Fare.  So far, my birthday was pretty awesome.  Sorry, no photos.  I have taken enough photos of those breakfast sandwiches.  Nothing new to see here.

I know one person who will be very disappointed that there are no breakfast sandwich photos, but maybe this one will make it up to him:

92913481_zps79b783d0.jpg

That photo is not from the Writer's Stop, which for a long time I thought was the only place you could get a carrot cake cookie.  This photo is from the shop next to Starring Rolls, which also sells carrot cake cookies.  There has been discussion on this board about whether or not the carrot cake cookies sold at these two locations are the same.  I think they are.  And, in the interest of research, I intend to buy one from each place one day and resolve that issue once and for all.  I thought about doing it today.  But, I had just eaten a breakfast sandwich.  With two sausage patties.  The timing was not right  for me to eat two carrot cake cookies.  I'll do it soon though.  I promise.

If you are one of the people who actually read TCD TR's instead of looking at the pictures, I have a super secret special TCD tip to share with you.  Make sure to read this next part carefully.

I made a very significant discovery at TOT and TSMM.

There have been reports of guests being able to "double-dip" on Fastpasses during the Magic Band testing that is currently going on.  What is that?  Well, guests with Magic Bands have been able to use both the FP+ reservations on their Magic Bands and still pull the old style paper FP's with their actual passes or Key to The World (KTTW) cards.  I believe GDF here on ff.net shared a link from a report from her boyfriend Josh explaining how he had done it.  Well, I don't have a Magic Band, but I did have our KTTW cards with us, so I put one of them into the TOT Fastpass machine for testing purposes when we had arrived back in this area.  Guess what happened?  I got a Fastpass.  I didn't pull anymore, because we didn't want any more TOT FP's.  When we got back to TSMM to use our current FP's we checked the return time on the FP distribution machines.  It was 10:45, but the return time was already out to 6 pm.  We were planning to maybe come back with the sleeping TCD sister that evening, so we wanted to get FP's for as late as we could.  We rode TSMM first.  When we came out, the return time was now 7 pm.  The park was going to close at 9 tonight, and then have EMH's until 11.  But, I knew if we wanted to use FP's we would need to do so before 9.  Between 8 and 9 would have been the best time for us, and we stood there for a while to watch the FP times advance.  I was wondering, though, if they might not distribute FP's for the 8 to 9 hour.  We could stand here and let all the FP's go and lose out.  So I asked a CM on duty at the machines what time the last FP would be good for.  The guy said he didn't know.  Really?  Why can't CM's answer simple questions like this?  How could he not know?  He stands here every day at those darned machines.  He knows.  Based on the non-response, I decided we had better pull the trigger.

So here's the deal- we got three FP's with our three park passes. For a 7:10 return time.  Then I used the KTTW cards.  I had four with me.  And I got four more FP's just like that.  Even one for the TCD DD who was back at the camper fast asleep.

Do you understand the significance of this?  It means that everyone can have double the FP's!  And, it means that someone could go into a park with just KTTW cards and get FP's for his party, even if they're not with him.  It means that a fellow Fiend could volunteer to go into a park one morning and get FP's for a bunch of other Fiends to use later in the day. 

And, here's something else that is unique to FW.  We are not just talking about double Fastpasses.  It could be much more than that. You know that you can have up to 10 guests stay on a campsite, right?   You know that you will be issued a KTTW card for everyone in your party when you check-in at the Fort, whether they are there with you at the time or not, right?  What if, say, I was staying at the Fort with my family, and I added my nephews Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Mortimer to my reservation and got KTTW cards for them?  And my cousin Yuri?  Well, maybe not him.  But, let's say I had 10 KTTW cards, even though there were only actually four people actually in my party.  Could I use those extra KTTW cards to get FP's?  I think I could.  Whoa.  Think about that.

If you will be visiting WDW in the next couple of months, and staying at the Fort, you're welcome.  I know that this is just a blip in the system, but if you're going during MB testing, try it.  I think it will work.  And it's a game changer.

I love MB's!  Thanks Obama!

Now, back to our report.  Don't tell anyone else about this little secret.  It's just for TCD TR readers.

This is a photo of the big Monsters University poster they have hanging up near TSMM.  That big fellow on the right is Don Carlton- the mature student. That's who I was at the Halloween Party on Friday night.  I am not sure if I should feel insulted:

92913482_zps00c8ecd2.jpg

The plan all along had been to head back to the Fort before lunch time to meet back up with the Sleeping Beauty TCD DD.  So we bailed from DHS at this point.  It was all good, though, because we had 7 TSMM Fastpasses to use later.

Back at the Fort, we found that there were now more turkeys on our loop than people:

92913483_zps7550b088.jpg

92913484_zps6ebbde38.jpg

Our entire side of the loop was deserted:

92913487_zpsfb266907.jpg

92913489_zps450cb5fd.jpg

The TCD Gator Gnome was lonely:

92913488_zps1ece9e61.jpg

That's photo #30.

Time to stop.

Next up, a fun afternoon at the Fort.

Then we will go HAM at three parks.

Happy Birthday to me!

TCD

I anxiously await the Great Carrot Cake Cookie Test.  I believe they are one and the same....and are baked together in the same kitchen.  I can't fathom that they would produce two different carrot cake cookies, that look the same, for sale 100 yards from each other in the same park. 

And I wish I could take advantage of your tip. 

Happy Belated Birthday! Your birthday is only 4 days after mine! September is a good month!

I wondered if we would be able to get FPs with the KTTW cards. I hope that is still possible at the end of the year! I'm glad y'all (ha!) were able to get all those rides in the morning! We never make it there early enough to do TSM, so we still haven't ridden it. I know, blasphemy, but my kids like the big rides.

Man, I wish I could go fastpass crazy right now.

Alas, that blip will likely be fixed before we go in december.

Unless the same CMs tasked to fix the Yeti are on the case.

The Rocky tetherball pics are awesome as usual.

All the comparison pics and your stories about your DDs are great.

I hope DW and I are still taking these trips with our kids when they are all growed up.

I wish the carrot cake cookies were MSB cinnamon rolls.

The morning pics are always my favorite.

Thanks for the deer and turkey pics......never get enough of those either.

All caught up!

Wow, could you imagine how great that would be during the Thanksgiving crush to have that many FastPasses?  Sure does make me wish we were staying longer and getting park tickets.

Your birthday is looking like it was pretty good.  Happy Belated.

Happy belated birthday!

As always, loving your TR.  I carefully read your directions about the FPs.  I had no idea you could get FPs with your KTTW card when you don't have your tickets linked to it.  They will probably have closed this loophole by the time we get there in November.

I seem to recall that several months ago we discussed taking an early morning tour of the fort together sometime.  But you told me no golf carts!

I anxiously await the Great Carrot Cake Cookie Test.  I believe they are one and the same....and are baked together in the same kitchen.  I can't fathom that they would produce two different carrot cake cookies, that look the same, for sale 100 yards from each other in the same park. 

And I wish I could take advantage of your tip. 

I think you're 100% right about the carrot cake cookies, but I still have to take one for the team and get two on one visit.  I may let the twins have a bite. They like them too.

I wish I could take advantage of my tip too.  We really didn't exploit it on this trip like I would have liked.

You, sir, are an Evil Genius.  Emphasis on the Evil.

Thank you.  I appreciate the kind words.

I fully expect the BFF to take advantage of this loophole.  You're going soon, right?  Since you will have Magic Bands, I believe that you will be able to triple dip.  And if you can, I hope you do.

Happy Belated Birthday! Your birthday is only 4 days after mine! September is a good month!

I wondered if we would be able to get FPs with the KTTW cards. I hope that is still possible at the end of the year! I'm glad y'all (ha!) were able to get all those rides in the morning! We never make it there early enough to do TSM, so we still haven't ridden it. I know, blasphemy, but my kids like the big rides.

Are you going to have Magic Bands when you go?  If so, reserve a FP+ for TSMM.  It's a fun ride, and your kids will like it.  I promise.

Man, I wish I could go fastpass crazy right now.

Alas, that blip will likely be fixed before we go in december.

Unless the same CMs tasked to fix the Yeti are on the case.

The Rocky tetherball pics are awesome as usual.

All the comparison pics and your stories about your DDs are great.

I hope DW and I are still taking these trips with our kids when they are all growed up.

I wish the carrot cake cookies were MSB cinnamon rolls.

The morning pics are always my favorite.

Thanks for the deer and turkey pics......never get enough of those either.

All caught up!

Very good post, Aaron.

I agree with all you say.  Except I think the KTTW double dip trick will still work in December.  Until they get all the kinks ironed out, I thing they're going to leave ways for guests to get FP's via multiple methods.  I am predicting that the loophole will stay until the day arrives when they do away with paper FP's.  And that is a ways away.

Wow, could you imagine how great that would be during the Thanksgiving crush to have that many FastPasses?  Sure does make me wish we were staying longer and getting park tickets.

Your birthday is looking like it was pretty good.  Happy Belated.

Yes, I can imagine that.

I think the trick will still work then.  We'll see.

Happy belated birthday!

As always, loving your TR.  I carefully read your directions about the FPs.  I had no idea you could get FPs with your KTTW card when you don't have your tickets linked to it.  They will probably have closed this loophole by the time we get there in November.

I seem to recall that several months ago we discussed taking an early morning tour of the fort together sometime.  But you told me no golf carts!

I had no idea that KTTW cards could be used for FP's either. But they can.  Keep that under your hat, though.  I expect you to give this a try when you are there with your grandkids. If it works, they'll think you're a genius.

I said no golf carts?  Really?  Well, you are not allowed to drive your golf cart to a lot of the places that I visit early in the morning.  Like back by the dam and down the path to the Settlement.  Or from the River Country entrance to the horse barn.  Maybe that's why I said that.  I am a stickler for the rules, you know.

TCD